Citracal + D Tab X 60 assists in the treatment and prevention of osteoporosis, in maintaining healthy bones, decreasing bone breakdown and stabilising bone mass. Citracal +D contains 250 mg of elemental calcium plus Vitamin D to assist in calcium absorption and is ideal for people who are not exposed to the sun.
Why should I choose Citracal?
Not all calcium supplements are the same. Calcium citrate is the type of calcium in Citracal, while the leading brand of calcium in pharmacy contains calcium carbonate. There are many reasons why you should choose Citracal to help fight osteoporosis.
- Citracal can be taken whenever you want.
- Calcium carbonate products need acidic conditions in the stomach to be dissolved and absorbed, so they should be taken with food. But you can take Citracal whenever you want with or without food and even at bedtime on an empty stomach because Citracal doesnt need as much stomach acid to be absorbed.
- Citracal is well tolerated.
- Calcium supplementation is a long-term therapy and it is important that it should be well tolerated.
- Citracal is the logical choice if stomach acid is reduced.
- As we get older we often produce less stomach acid so Citracal is ideal for the elderly. Some medications and antacids also reduce the amount of acid in the stomach so ask your doctor or pharmacist if Citracal is the best calcium supplement for you.
- Citracal can be taken in water.
- Citracal tablets break up in water, so it is easier to take them if you have difficulty swallowing tablets. Make sure you stir well and drink the entire contents.
- Citracal can even be taken if you have allergies to dairy products and gluten.
- Citracal is gluten free and contains no dairy products, salt, sugar or artificial colouring.
- Citracal is more easily absorbed.
- Calcium citrate is readily absorbed by the body. Therefore, you need less elemental calcium than with calcium carbonate.