Ureze is a trusted formula in convenient tablet form, to relieve the affects of Cystitis. Ureze also works as a diuretic to relieve fluid retention.
Ureze works in several ways
* It's astringency promotes healing and strengthening of the urinary tract
* Relieves burning and painful urination
* Many organisms cause the urine to become acidic.
* The diuretic action helps to flush out the organisms
* Provide relief of Cystitis symptoms such as burning and painful urination
* Relieve fluid retention
What is cystitis?
Cystitis is a very common infection of the bladder. When infected, the bladder is unable to store a large quantity of urine. Common symptoms of cystitis include passing urine frequently, a burning sensation when passing urine, discomfort or pain low down in the abdomen and, sometimes, a fever.
How can cystitis be treated?
Urinary alkalisers are oral medications taken to make urine less acidic. When the bladder is infected urine becomes acidic, which results in burning discomfort when passing urine. By reducing the acidity medications can relieve the burning sensation. Unlike other urinary alkalisers, which are in pill form Ureze is available in convenient tablet form.
How does Ureze work?
Ureze works in several ways:
* It is astringent, meaning that it strengthens and promotes healing of the urinary tract
* It renders the urine slightly alkaline. Many organisms cause the urine to become quite acidic, causing sharp pain when urinating
* It has a gentle diuretic action, meaning that it increases the flow of urine, which helps to flush organisms out of the urinary passages
Can anyone take Ureze?
Ureze is generally considered to have a low risk and is contraindicated for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Use of foods or drugs which acidify the urine, such as orange or lemon juice, or meat, may reduce the effectiveness of Ureze.
What else can I do to relieve symptoms?
* Drink at least 10 to 14 glasses of fluid per day. Reduce the amount of tea, coffee and alcohol you drink. These will irritate the bladder.
* Limit your intake of foods which are high in calcium (only while you have cystitis). This includes foods such as milk, cheese and yoghurt.
* Putting a warm pack, such as a hot water bottle or wheat bag, between your legs, on your stomach or back can give good relief.
* Take 1-2 Ureze tabets twice daily.
* Visit your doctor if: the symptoms last longer than a day (this is because infection can spread quickly if there is fever, back pain, or blood
in the urine; if these symptoms occur during pregnancy patients are more at risk of kidney infection); if there are repeated attacks; if the
attacks following contact with sexual partners; or if the attack has occured in a child or man.
How can I prevent cystitis?
* Urinate frequently (as soon as you feel the need to pass urine). This is most important. 'Holding on' is the major cause of cystitis.
* Drink at least 8 glasses of fluid every day.
* Shower or wash at least daily. Women should wipe from front to back after passing urine reducing chance that bacteria around the anus are wiped over the entrance to the urethra
* Use cotton underpants in preference to nylon and avoid tight fitting trousers
* Shower in preference to using a bath if cystistis is a recurring problem. Hand held shower at bidets make washing the area much easier.
* Pass urine after having sexual intercourse. This allows any bacteria introduced to the urethra to be flushed out before they can begin to multiply.