Nicorette Chewing Gum 2mg Freshmint X 105 helps you to give up smoking by relieving the desire to smoke, as well as some of the unpleasant withdrawal effects which smokers experience when they stop smoking.
Dependence on nicotine can in some cases be transferred from cigarettes to Nicorette Gum but it is less harmful and easier to break than smoking.
By giving you control over your nicotine cravings, you can effectively deal with your withdrawal symptoms as they happen.
Each piece of gum delivers a controlled amount of nicotine into your body, enough to help satisfy the craving.When used correctly, Nicorette Gum can significantly help your chances of quitting smoking successfully versus willpower alone
It is available in two different strengths:
* Regular Strength 2mg Gum (Recommended for those who smoke less than 20 cigarettes a day)
* Extra Strength 4mg Gum (Recommended for those who smoke more than 20 cigarettes a day)
Each gum contains 2mg nicotine
- Chew the gum slowly until the taste becomes strong (less than a minute)
- Rest the gum between your gums and cheek – the nicotine is then released into your body via the mouth lining
- Start chewing the gum again when the taste has faded. Repeat until nicotine craving disappears.
NICORETTE® Gum is available in two strengths. If you smoke 20 or more cigarettes a day; we recommend using the 4mg strength, and if you smoke less than 20 cigarettes a day; we recommend using the 2mg strength. We recommend gradually reducing the number of pieces you chew a day.
Step 1 (8 weeks): 8-12 pieces of 2mg gum a day or 4-6 pieces of 4mg gum a day.
Step 2 (2 weeks): 4-6 pieces of 2mg gum a day or 2-3 pieces of 4mg gum a day.
Step 3 (2 weeks): 1-2 pieces of 2mg gum a day or 1-2 pieces of 4mg gum a day. Gradually reduce to zero.
Warnings and Disclaimers:
Do not use if:
- You are pregnant or intend to become pregnant
- You are breastfeeding or intend to breastfeed
- You have heart disease such as palpitations (fast or irregular heart beats) or angina
- You have had a recent heart attack or a stroke
- You are a non-smoker, or only smoke occassionally
- You are under 18 years of age
- You are allergic to nicotine
Always read the label. Use only as directed.
If symptoms persist see your Health Care Professional.