Multi-Health Fibre with 100% Natural Psyllium
- Feel lighter and more active
- Helps body's natural toxin removal process via cleansing effect
- Helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels
- Is a daily cleanser for your insides
Mix Metamucil Powder into at least 250ml of water or your favourite drink for a good-tasting, convenient way to add fibre to your diet. Stir briskly and drink promptly. Drink plenty of water.
Dosage Table: To restore and maintain regularity Adults 12 Yrs+: 1 1/2 teaspoons to be taken 1-3 times daily 6-11 yrs: 1/2 adult dose to be taken 1-3 times daily on medical advice To help lower cholesterol levels Adults 12 Yrs+: 1 1/2 teaspoons to be taken 3 times daily 6-11 yrs: Consult a doctor For children under 6 years, consult a doctor New Users: Start with 1 dose per day; gradually increase to 3 doses per day as necessary.
- Choking - Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or oesophagus and may cause choking. If mixture thickens, add more water and stir. Do not take if you have difficulty in swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting of difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medicate attention.
- Allergy Alert - This product may cause allergic reaction in people sensitive to inhaled or ingested psyllium.
- Ask a doctor before use if you have - A sudden change in bowel habits persisting for 2 weeks; abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting or rectal bleeding; or are considering it as part of a cholesterol-lowering program and if pregnant or nursing. If constipation persists beyond 7 days, consult a doctor.
- Keep out of reach of children - Do not use in cases of medication induced constipation. In case of overdose, seek professional help or contact a Poisons Information Center immediately.
- Prescribed medication- Bulk fibre may affect how well other medicines work. If you are taking a prescription medicine by mouth, take this product at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after the prescribed medicine to minimize any effect on drug absorption. As your body adjusts to increased fibre intake, you may experience changes in bowel habits or minor bloating.
Psyllium Husk powder, Aspartame, Citric Acid, Sunset Yellow FCF CI 15985, Maltodextrin, Artificial and Natural Orange Flavour. Each 5.9g provides less than 5mg Sodium
Not All Fibres Are Created Equal.
Sure, fibre supplements are a convenient way to increase your daily fibre intake. But what you may not have realized is that not all fibres are the same. Metamucil® is the only leading fibre supplement brand with 100% natural psyllium fibre — and that makes all the difference.
Psyllium husk, a natural dietary fibre originating from plantago ovata, has been the source of both soluble and insoluble fibre in Metamucil® for 80 years. Studies suggest that the psyllium in Metamucil works differently.
The psyllium fibre in Metamucil® forms a viscous gel that traps waste, some cholesterol and excess bile acids and gently removes them from your body. This gel also traps some carbohydrates and sugars, allowing them to be more slowly absorbed by the body. This gelling property of psyllium provides the multi-health benefits of Metamucil®.*
Recommended Storage Condition: Store below 30°C with lid tightly closed to protect from humidity.
* Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 7 grams of soluble fibre from psyllium husk, as in Meta products, may lower cholesterol levels. Reductions in cholesterol levels may contribute to reducing the risk of heart disease. Consult a doctor if you are planning to take Meta products as part of a cholesterol lowering program. Always read the label, use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.