Gentle relief of constipation usually within 30 minutes. Microlax may be used whenever there is a need to relieve constipation or open the bowels, when there are certain disturbances of bowel movement or opening of the bowels, and in preparation for examination of the rectum (back passage). Microlax is a fast acting enema which works to soften bowel motions and gently assist bowel emptying without irritating the lining of the bowel.
Sodium Citrate 450 mg
Administer the contents of one tube rectally as a single dose. Directions for use:
- Twist and pull the seal off the nozzle.
- Squeeze the tube slightly so that a drop of Microlax® smears the tip and thus makes insertion easier.
- Insert the nozzle fully into the rectum (back passage). In children under 3 years of age insert only half the length of the nozzle (see the indication of the nozzle).
- Squeeze out the contents fully by squeezing the shoulder of the tube.
- Keeping the tube squeezed tightly, withdraw the nozzle.
General recommendations for laxatives: drink plenty of water. Increase fibre in the diet except in cases of medication-induced constipation, prolonged use of laxatives is undesirable and may lead to dependence, if symptoms persist seek medical advice.
Warnings & Disclaimers:
Administer the contents of one tube rectally as a single dose.